Hear more from us. Sign up for our newsletter.
Roseville, MN (September 7, 2017) – Housing First Minnesota, the state’s leading voice for homebuilders and remodelers, has recognized 29 Minnesota Legislators as recipients of the 2017 Housing Leadership Awards. The nomination recognizes legislators for their efforts throughout the 2017 legislative session to promote homeownership at a price families can afford.
Recipients of the Housing First Minnesota 2017 Housing Leadership Awards:
• Senator Paul Anderson (Plymouth)
• Senator Tom Bakk (Cook)
• Senator Rich Draheim (Owatonna)
• Senator Kari Dziedzic (Minneapolis)
• Senator Melisa Franzen (Edina)
• Senator Paul Gazelka (Brainerd)
• Senator Dan Hall (Burnsville)
• Senator Karin Housley (Stillwater)
• Senator Mary Kiffmeyer (Big Lake)
• Senator Warren Limmer (Maple Grove)
• Senator Matt Little (Lakeville)
• Senator Eric Pratt (Prior Lake)
• Senator Jerry Relph (St. Cloud)
• Senator David Senjem (Rochester)
• Senator Torrey Westrom (Elbow Lake)
Minnesota House of Representatives
• Representative Kurt Daudt (Crown)
• Representative Greg Davids (Preston)
• Representative Pat Garofalo (Farmington)
• Representative Jon Koznick (Lakeville)
• Representative Eric Lucero (Dayton)
• Representative Paul Marquart (Dilworth)
• Representative Jim Nash (Waconia)
• Representative Anne Neu (North Branch)
• Representative Gene Pelowski, Jr. (Winona)
• Representative Joyce Peppin (Rogers)
• Representative Roz Peterson (Burnsville)
• Representative Dennis Smith (Maple Grove)
• Representative Tama Theis (St. Cloud)
• Representative Bob Vogel (Elko New Market)
Recipients of the Housing Leadership Award received a certificate and letter of appreciation.
In addition to the Housing Leadership Awards, Housing First Minnesota annually awards a Legislator of the Year to a member or members of the Minnesota Legislature who have championed the advancement of promoting building safe, durable houses at a price families can afford. The recipient(s) of this award work closely with Housing First Minnesota to introduce or support legislation that advances housing and homeownership.
The 2017 Legislator(s) of the Year will be announced at the Building Industry Gala (BIG Night), on October 26th.
Past Winners of the Housing First Minnesota Legislator of the Year include:
2016- Representative Jim Nash and Senator Melisa Franzen
2015- Representative Bob Vogel
2014- Senator LeRoy Stumpf
2013- Representative Michael Nelson
2012- Representatives Mike Beard and Joyce Peppin, Senators Warren Limmer and David Senjem
Housing First Minnesota is the leading voice of home builders and remodelers and all who are dedicated to building safe, durable homes at a price Minnesotans can afford. As a program of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities, Housing First Minnesota represents 1,200 builders, remodelers, developers and industry suppliers throughout the state.
As BATC’s Political Engagement Manager, Mark Foster, is your contact for grassroots political, policy, and advocacy affairs. Follow Mark on Twitter @robmarkfoster